MANCHESTER SAFEGUARDING BOARD MULTI-AGENCY TRAINING
Please note that if you want to apply for an MSB Training Course you will need to register and create an account using the REGISTRATION tab on this site.
The purpose of the MSB Multi-agency Training function is achieve better outcomes for children, young people and families by developing and fostering:
- a shared understanding of the roles and responsibilities outlined in national and local guidance for safeguarding;
- improved communication between professionals, including a common understanding of key terms, definitions and thresholds for action;
- effective working relationships, in particular an ability to work in multi-disciplinary groups or teams;
- more effective and integrated services at a strategic and individual case level and;
- sound decision-making, based on information sharing, thorough assessment, critical analysis and professional judgement.
The MSB Multi-agency training courses have been tailored to meet the needs of professionals within the partnership agencies and in the Voluntary, Community and Faith (VCF) sector.
MSB training is aimed at individuals and organisations that come into contact with children and families in the City of Manchester. If your work is outside of this area please contact your Local Safeguarding Children Board or Local Safeguarding Adult Board.
The MSB does not deliver Designated Persons Training for Schools in Manchester - please contact the Learning and Events Team on 0161 227 3573 for details.
Please note that an e-learning module `Understanding Pathways to Extremism and the Prevent Programme is available through Virtual College https://manchesterscb.virtual-college.co.uk/
Are you interested in becoming a Multi agency Trainer?
In order to become a member of the training pool, you have to meet the person specification and have the permission of your manager. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Manchester Safeguarding Boards (MSB)
Manchester City Council
PO Box 532,
T: 0161 234 3330